Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2018 môn tiếng Anh THPT chuyên Nguyễn Huệ
Đọc Tài Liệu gửi bạn bộ đề thi thử môn Tiếng Anh tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 năm học 2017 – 2018 của trường THPT chuyên Nguyễn Huệ có kèm đáp án. Đề thi thử bao gồm 100 câu hỏi trắc nghiệm tổng hợp kiến thức cơ bản nhất của môn Tiếng Anh THCS, giúp học sinh ôn luyện tốt chuẩn bị cho kỳ thi chính thức.
Bạn đang xem bài: Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2018 môn tiếng Anh THPT chuyên Nguyễn Huệ
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10
NĂM HỌC 2016 – 2017
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (Phổ thông )
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
ĐỀ THI THỬ LẦN 1
Questions 1-5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others in each group by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
1. A. condition B. option C. suggestion D. relation
2. A. weather B. healthy C. although D. breathe
3. A. meeting B. seen C. cheer D. been
4. A. happened B. crossed C. followed D. fluttered
5. A. pays B. lays C. stays D. says
Questions 6-10: Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
6. A. application B. certificate C. biology D. security
7. A. university B. punctuality C. agricultural D. mathematician
8. A. identify B. secondary C. luxuriously D. majority
9. A. academic B. engineering C. available D. sympathetic
10. A. obligatory B. geographical C. international D. undergraduate
Questions 11-30: Choose the word or phrase which best completes these sentences or best replaced the underlined word(s) by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
11. As the earth turns, half of the planet ______ the sun, and the other half faces away.
A. meets B. likes C. enters D. faces
12. That restaurant is ______ dirty that few people eat in it.
A. so B. such C. very D. too
13. You dislike playing basketball and table tennis, ______?
A. don’t you B. do you C. won’t you D. will you
14. That was a ______ ceremony.
A. prepared-well B. well-prepared C. prepare-well D. well-prepare
15. “How wide is this street?” “– ______.”
A. It’s 20 meters wide B. It’s wide 20 meters
C. It’s 20 meters in wide D. It’s in wide 20 meters
16. At the ______ to the village stands a big old banyan tree.
A. entrance B. enter C. fence D. hedge
17. I suggest he ______ money to buy a new car.
A. save B. saves C. saved D. saving
18. “I’m taking my first exam next week”. – “______”.
A. Cheers B. Good luck C. Well done D. Congratulations
19. I’m not accustomed ______ up so early.
A. to getting B. to get C. by getting D. get
20. I wish I ______ work tomorrow.
A. won’t have to B. don’t have to C. didn’t have to D. needn’t
21. It’s necessary that every student of our class _____ hard.
A. study B. studying C. to study D. studies
22. My teacher arrived after I ______ for her ten minutes.
A. waiting B. was waiting C. had waited D. have waited
23. A: “What a lovely house you have!” – B: “______”.
A. Of course not, it’s not costly B. I think so
C. Thank you. Hope you will drop in D. No problem
24. Remember ______ the door before going to bed.
A. locking B. to lock C. locked D. not locking
25. Some of my friends are taking extra classes in English ______ become tourist guides.
A. so that B. so as C. in order that D. so as to
26. There are a lot of people at my friend’s wedding party, only a few of ______ I had met before.
A. who B. whose C. whom D. which
27. You should have known that Anne could not keep a secret. Never again ______ her anything.
A. will tell B. I tell C. will I tell D. I will tell
28. This is the first time I _____ this Shakespeare’s novel.
A. read B. have read C. reading D. to read
29. They didn’t understand the matter, ______, they didn’t ask for help.
A. but B. however C. moreover D. and
30. Do you know ______?
A. what it was wrong B. what was it wrong
C. what wrong it was D. what’s wrong with it
Questions 31-40: Use the verbs in brackets in the correct tense or form. Write your answer in the box below.
31. His sister ______ (give) a car for her twentieth birthday next year.
32. I ______ (read) the book you lent me, so you can have it back now.
33. He ______ (elect) president of the football club at their last meeting.
34. My room ______ (not clean) yet.
35. The house was very quiet when I got home. Everybody ______ (go) to bed.
36. Many books ______ (write) about the Second World War.
37. The name of the new town ______ (choose) by the committee tomorrow.
38. Present day problems demand that we ______ (be) ready for any emergency.
39. You ______ (not go) there because he did not expect you.
40. You ______ (walk) too fast. That’s why you are tired.
Questions 41-46: Use the correct form of the word in brackets. Write your answer in the box below.
41. The ____________ of the new system will take several days. (INSTALL)
42. This type of behaviour is no longer ____________ acceptable. (SOCIETY)
43. Teachers must keep a record of students’ ____________. (ATTEND)
44. Our school set up a project to ____________ the library system. (COMPUTER)
45. Watching television can be very ____________. (EDUCATION)
46. He works for UNESCO in a purely ___________ role. (ADVICE)
Questions 47-55: Choose the correct preposition or particle to complete each sentence. Write your answer in the box below.
47.______ behalf of the department I would like to thank you all.
48. They were refused entrance ______ the exhibition.
49. He graduated ______York with a degree in Psychology.
50. We had an argument ______ the waiter about the bill.
51. She complimented him ______ his exellent German.
52. She sacrificed everything ______ her children.
53. Sit down and make yourself ______ home.
54. He works away ______ home during the week.
55. The searchers spread ______ to over the area faster.
Questions 56-65: Choose the word which best fits each gap of the passage by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
Dolphins communicate mainly by (56) _______ of sounds. These sounds not only (57) _______ whistles, but also so-called pulsed sounds, which are often described as squawks, barks, rasps, etc. However, they also use breaching (jumping and falling back into the (58) _______ with a loud splash) and pectoral fin (or flipper) and tail (or fluke) slaps (hitting the flipper or fluke on the water surface). Body posturing and jaw popping also have a role in (59) _______. As for language, we do not know (60) _______they have one. Several studies have demonstrated that dolphins can understand a structured language like (61) _______. This has been demonstrated for a number of other animal species as well (gorilla, California sea lion, and parrot). Some studies also indicate that dolphins’ vocalizations are complex (62) _______ to support some form of language. (63) _______, it has not been demonstrated (64) _______ that they can undoubtedly communicate (65) _______ themselves.
56. A. way B. mean C. using D. means
57. A. have B. include C. contain D. combine
58. A. water B. sea C. ocean D. river
59. A. reaction B. chewing C. speaking D. communication
60. A. why B. if C. when D. how
61. A. your B. ours C. our D. yours
62. A. too B. as C. enough D. so
63. A. Whenever B. Wherever C. However D. Whoever
64. A. yet B. still C. though D. neither
65. A. together B. each other C. between D. among
Questions 66-75: Read the passage and choose the best answer by circling A, B, C or D and then write your answers in the box below.
Most people go to a doctor in their own town or suburbs. But people in the Australian outback can’t get to a doctor quickly. The nearest doctor is sometimes hundreds of kilometers away so they have to call him on a two-way radio. This special doctor is called the “flying doctor’. He visits sick people by plane for a special examination.
When someone is sick, the doctor has to fly to the person’s home. His plane lands on a flat piece of ground near the person’s house. Sometimes the doctor has to take the patient to hospital. Flying doctors take about 8,600 people to hospital each year.
However, most of the time the person isn’t very sick, and the doctor doesn’t have to visit. He can give advice on the radio from the office at the flying doctor center. He can tell the patient to use some medicine from a special medicine chest. There is one of these chests in every home in the outback. Each bottle, tube and packet in the chest has a number. The doctor often says something like this, “Take two tablets from bottle number 5 every four hours.”
A man called John Flynn started the Royal Flying Doctor service in 1927. He had only one plane. Today there are 14 flying-doctor centers, 29 planes, 14 fulltime doctors and several part-time doctors, nurses and dentists.
66. The flying doctors mentioned in this article treat their patients _______.
A. in clinics B. by old methods C. over great distances D. by telepathy
67. Which happens first?
A. The doctor flies to the sick person’s home.
B. The sick person or his family calls the doctor on a two-way radio.
C. The plane lands near the patient’s house.
D. The doctor treats the sick person on a two-way radio.
68. From the article, we can assume that Australia has quite a number of _______.
A. remote areas B. good highways C. mountainous regions D. strange animals
69. The doctor can treat the sick person by radio from his office when the patient _______.
A. has a special medicine chest B. has got a two-way radio
C. is not very sick D. feels very tired
70. _______ of the doctors at the center work full-time.
A. All B. Some C. None D. Most
71. The word “outback” mostly means _______.
A. a large field of the Aborigines B. an isolated island
C. a vast and remote area D. a far-off forest
72. The fleet initially was_______.
A. very small B. full-scaled C. very large D. relatively big
73. The word “chest” in this context probably means _______.
A. a body part B. a machine C. a remote control D. a small box
74. When a patient needs a special examination, the doctor has to _______.
A. take him/ her to a special holy place B. fly him/ her to a military clinic
C. give him/ her all kinds of medicine D. fly to the patient’s place
75. The writer of this passage shows a/an_______ attitude to the flying-doctor service.
A. critical B. supportive C. curious D. indifferent
Questions 76-80: Identify which one of the underlined parts of the following sentences is incorrect, then correct the mistake. Write your answer in the box below.
76. If you (A) meet him, (B) remember not (C) telling him what I (D) have just said to you.
77. Although a doctor may be able (A) to diagnose a problem (B) perfect, he still may not (C) be able to find a drug (D) to which the patient will respond.
78. Our students are (A) obedience and (B) hard-working, (C) but they are mischievous (D) sometimes.
79. My mother (A) is (B) the person I often (C) divide my secrets (D) with.
80. I (A) borrowed four books (B) on gardening the last time I (C) had gone (D) to the library.
Questions 81-85: Rewrite each of the following sentences in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning to the original one.
81. “Why don’t we go picnicking next weekend?”
Andy suggested that…
82. Did they build the circus at the same time as the theater?
Was the circus……
83. We are standing in the traffic jam now because you took this route.
If you …
84. I would prefer you to deliver the package on Monday.
85. This button mustn’t be touched under any circumstances.
Questions 86-90: Choose the sentence that is correct and closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
86. “Are you married?” Tom said to the woman.
A. Tom asked the woman if she was married. B. Tom asked the woman if she would marry him.
C. The woman told Tom that she was married. D. Tom asked the woman did she get married.
87. It’s a pity that Peter isn’t here.
A. I wish Peter is here. B. I wish Peter were here.
C. I wish Peter can be here. D. I wish Peter be here.
88. People grow rice in tropical countries.
A. Rice are grown in tropical countries. B. Rice was grown in tropical countries.
C. Rice is grown in tropical countries. D. Rice were grown in tropical countries.
89. The garden is too small to play football in.
A. The garden is so small not to play football in.
B. The garden is small enough to play football in.
C. The garden isn’t big enough to play football in.
D. The garden is such small that to play football in.
90. Be he rich or poor, she will marry him.
A. She doesn’t want to marry him because he is poor.
B. She will marry him whether he is rich or poor.
C. She wants to marry him if he is rich.
D. She will marry him however poor he may be.
Questions 91-95: Rewrite the following sentences using the word given.
91. She owns all this land now. (BELONGS)
92. Organized activities don’t interest Eva very much. (INTERESTED)
93. If you run everyday, your breathing improves quickly. (RUNNING)
94. Do you like meat more than fish? (PREFER)
95. He hasn’t got the intelligence to be a programmer. (INTELLIGENT)
91. All this land belongs to her.
92. Eva isn’t interested in organized activities very much.
93. Daily running (quickly) improves your breathing (quickly).
94. Do you prefer meat to fish?
95. He isn’t intelligent enough to be a programmer.
Questions 95-100: Put the following words/ phrases in the correct order to make meaningful sentences.
96. your/ How/ friends/ do/ go/ cinema/ you/ often/ to/ the/ with/?
97. old/ probably/ car/ won’t/ This/ for/ last/ more/ years/ than/ three/.
98. Anthony Master/ a/ was/ of/ writer/ gifts/ and/ exceptional/ enenergy/ prodigious
99. need/ The/ don’t/ closet/ with/ we/ are/ things/ filled/.
100. I/ both/ Nancy/ and/ bought/ exactly/ had/ kind/ the/ of/ same/ bag/ school/ it/ knowing/ without/.
– THE END –
Trích nguồn: THPT Đồng Hới
Danh mục: Đề thi thử vào 10