Đề thi thử tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Anh mã đề 05 của trường THPT chuyên Lam Sơn giúp các em thử sức ôn thi vào 10 online tại nhà!
Cùng Đọc tài liệu thử sức với đề thi thử vào lớp 10 năm 2021 môn Anh mã đề 05 của trường THPT chuyên Lam Sơn:
Bạn đang xem bài: Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh mã đề 05 THPT chuyên Lam Sơn
Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh mã đề 05 trường THPT Chuyên Lam Sơn
I. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
II. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to show the underlined part that needs correction.
5. My parents let (A) me (B) to go (C) out without saying (D) anything.
6. The students were (A) interesting (B) in taking a trip (C)to the National History Museum, but they were not able to raise (D)enough money.
7. George hasn’t (A)completed the assignment yet(B), and(C) Maria hasn’t too(D).
IV. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. When her…..for the job was refused, she felt very disappointed.
9. They have been in love with each other ….. they were young
D. all are correct
10. Lack of funs prevented him…..with his studies.
A. from continuing
B. with continuing
C. to continuing
D. of continuing
11. Parents….. children are in college are working longer hours to pay their tuition. [school fee]
12. The room…..when I arrived.
A. was being cleaned
B. is cleaned
C. was cleaning
D. was cleaned
13. It is dark in here. Can I…..the lights.
A. fill in
B. look at
C. take off
D. turn on
14. The more electricity you use,……
A. the higher your bill will be.
B. the higher will be your bill
C. your bill will be higher
D. the highest your bill will be
15. …..their valuable fur, many animals are hunted.
B. Inspite of
C. because of
16. It is….. that I can’t put it down.
A. such interesting book
B. so interesting book
C. too interesting book
D. such an interesting book
V. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. “Don’t forget to do as I have told you.” “…..”
A. Yes, I won’t
B. No, I will remember
C. Yes, I will
D. No, I won’t
18. “How long does it take to get to the City Library from here?” “…..”
A. “Yes, it’s a long way”
B. “It isn’t very far”
C. “I am sorry I don’t know”
D. “You can go there by bus”
VI. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. No matter what happens, I assure you that I will not forget how hard you have worked on this project.
20. Most animals can communicate with members of their own species, but not with other groups.
A. specialized researchers
B. kind of plant
C. geographical areas
D. type of animal
VII. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. My friend and his soccer coach are incompatible. They are always arguing.
A. too different to work together
C. related in some way
B. having little in common
D. getting on well
22. The earthquake in October 1989 in Loma Prieta caused extensive damage in the area.
VIII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
A large supermarket was looking for a manager for a new store they were planning to open. Out of over 90 people who had applied for the post they had chosen five and asked them to come for an interview.
The first…..(23)….. , Mr Riley, walked into the interview room. He was smartly dressed, but it was clear that he was listening to a personal stereo. He sat down….. (24)….. off his shoes and lit a cigarette. One of the interviewers said that they would prefer him not to smoke and Mr. Riley apologized. Just at that moment, a telephone rang. Mr. Riley reached into his pocket, took …..(25) …..his mobile phone and began a conversation with a friend of his. After a minute or two, the interviewers had enough and said they wanted to begin. “Certainly, go ahead,” said Mr. Riley. They ….(26)….. him why he wanted the job. “I don’t,” he replied. “But I ….(27)….. like a day in London, and you’ve already paid my train fare to come up here for the interview.
IX. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The elephant is the largest animal to walk on Earth. An elephant can carry a load of 1,200 pounds. They eat 300 pounds of food a day. An elephant baby can weigh 200 pounds at birth. Elephants can live up to 70 years. Elephants can be trained to carry logs with their trunks. They also use their trunks for drinking water, bathing, eating and communicating. There are two kinds of elephants : the African elephant and the Indian elephant. African elephant can be characterized as larger ears. The African elephant grows up to 10 feet and weighs as much as 12,000 pounds. The Indian elephant grows up to 9 feet tall, and weighs up to 800 pounds. This elephant is characterized as smaller ears. Another name for the Indian elephant is the Asian elephant.
28. What is the topic of the passage?
A. African elephant
B. Indian elephant
D. Elephants’ trunks
29. How much does a baby elephant weigh at birth?
A. 70 pounds
B. 200 pounds
C. 300 pounds
D. 1,200 pounds
30. According to the passage, elephants can use their trunks for the following activities EXCEPT?
31. Which kind of elephant is the largest?
A. The Indian elephant
B. the African elephant
C. the Asian elephant
D. the Indian and Asian elephant
32. An Indian elephant has……than an African elephant?
A. a longer tail
B. a stronger trunk
C. smaller ears
D. bigger teeth
X. Rewrite the following sentences, using the provided word keep meaning as that of the root one.
33. Jack’s parents made him study a lot for the entrance exam to high school.
→ Jack was
34. You can’t register for a course abroad if you don’t have a passport.
35. “Why don’t we visit the Royal Citadel first?” Quang said.
→ Quang suggested that
36. People expect that he will join the company soon.
XI. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in capital.
37. He said he wouldn’t have enough time to finish the job. (WILL)
38. When did your friends eat that chocolate cake? (WAS)
39. “What are the skills you concern most?” my teacher asked. (1)
40. I have never read such as interesting novel as The Little Prince. (MOST)
Đáp án đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh mã đề 05 trường THPT Chuyên Lam Sơn
33. Jack was made to study a lot for the entrance exam to high school by his parents.
34. Unless you have a passport, you can’t register for a course abroad.
35. Quang suggested that we (should) visit the Royal Citadel first.
36. He is expected to join the company soon.
37. “I will not have enough time to finish the Job”, he said.
38. When was that chocolate cake eaten by your friends?
39. My teacher asked me what the skills I concerned most were.
40. The Little Prince is the most interesting novel I have ever read.
Trên đây là lời giải chi tiết đề thi thử tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 mã đề 05 trường THPT chuyên Lam Sơn mong rằng đây sẽ là tài liệu hữu ích giúp các em ôn tập. Đừng quên còn rất nhiều tài liệu đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Anh khác của các tỉnh thành trên cả nước nhé.
Trích nguồn: THPT Đồng Hới
Danh mục: Đề thi thử vào 10