Đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh mã đề 01 trường THPT Chuyên Lam Sơn
I. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
II. Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
III. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to show the underlined part that needs correction.
5. One reason birds have been (A) so successful is because of (B) their able (C) to escape from (D) danger quickly.
6. Dreams are commonly (A) made up of (B)either (C)visual and (D)verbal images.
7. Water has been(A) vital to (B) the development(C) and survivor (D)of civilization.
IV. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. He went to a seaside resort because he was…..on water-skiing.
9. It took him years to…..the shock of his wife dying.
A. take on
B. get over
C. go off
D. put off
10. He was advised that he….._ singing lessons.
A. should take
B. will take
C. had taken
11. He will not be…..to vote in this year’s election.
A. old enough
B. enough old
C. as old enough
D. enough old as
12. He will take us to the town…..we can see old temples.
13. This is the first time I…..the experiment on plant breeding.
A. have done
C. would do
14. I have been invited to a wedding…..14 February
15. You don’t seem very…..about the party – don’t you want to go tonight?
16. All….., no matter how small, will be much appreciated.
V. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
17. Anne: “I think that’s worth celebrating….. Don’t you agree. Charlie?”
A. Yes, I do actually.
B. No, I agree.
C. Never mind.
D. Yes, I think SO.
18. Tom: “You’ve got a lovely singing voice, Mary”
A. It’s all right.
C. Thank you.
D. No, thanks.
VI. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
19. The Internet is available only in cities and towns, so we cannot easily get access to it in the countryside.
20. The naughty boy was scolded for breaking the neighbour’s window yesterday.
A. told off
D. taken care of
VII. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
21. If we had taken his sage advice, we wouldn’t be in so much trouble now.
22. When you put on clothing or make-up, you place it on your body in order to wear it. A. take off
B. look after
C. wash up
D. get on
VIII. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Since the world has become industrialized, there has been an increase in the number of animal…(23)…that have become extinct or nearly extinct. Bengal tigers, …(24)… were once found in a large number in jungles, now are thought to be only 2,300 in number. By the year 2025 their …(25)… in the world is estimated to be down to zero. “The dangerous thing is that people don’t hunt them for money but mainly…(26)…they enjoy hunting them. Animals like the Bengal tiger, as well as other endangered species are very important to the world’s ecosystem. International laws protecting these animals must be passed to save them. Countries around the world have begun to solve the problem in many ways. Reserves and national parks have been established. Money provided by world organizations has been spent on maintaining the parks. The use of products made from ….(27)… species has been stopped.
26. A. for
IX. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
It is a common saying that we do not fully value a thing until we lose it. We often value the love and worth of a friend when he has been taken from us by death more than when he was with us in the flesh; it is only when we have left school or college that we understand the greatness of our opportunity of education, which has gone forever, and it is the sick and the ailing who realize the value of good health. When we are young and strong, we cannot imagine what it is to be weak and ailing. We are so used to vigorous health that we take it for granted. The organs of our body work so smoothly that we scarcely know we have lungs and liver, heart and stomach. But when any of these gets upset and gives us pain and sickness, we learn by bitter experience what an unspeakable blessing it is to be well,
Loss of health makes us miserable, and a burden to ourselves and our friends. It cripples our efforts so that we cannot accomplish many of the good and great things we might have done. It spoils our life. What must we do to keep our health?
We must be moderate in eating and drinking and wise in the choice of plain, wholesome simple food. Gluttony has killed thousands, and strong drink tens of thousands. We must, when young, get plenty of sleep, which is “nature’s sweet restorer”, and not try to burn the candle at both ends. We must live as much as possible in the open air and keep our rooms well ventilated. We must get sufficient and regular physical exercise, and keep our bodies clean. And we must avoid bad habits and secret sins as we avoid the devil, and keep our thoughts clean and our bodies pure. Our ideal must be the sound mind in the sound body.
28. According to the passage, we often appreciate our friends …..
A. only when they are with us
B. only when they are good to us.
C. only when they passed away
D. only when they live a long way from us.
29. We do not take care of our health because….
A. we are always in good health
B. most of the diseases can be cured nowadays
C. we are so accustomed to good health
D. we are so busy making a living
30. Poor health makes us …..
B. unable to fulfil our expectations
C. a shame to our friends
D. fail to become famous
31. According to the author, having plenty of sleep when we are young …..
A. is wasting our time
B. can help us regain our strength
C. may cause loss of health
D. can reduce our vigour
32. The best title for the passage is……
A. Health and Human Aspirations
B. Health and Our Success
C. How to Keep Our Health
D. The Value of Health
X. Join each pair of sentences, using the word or phrase in brackets.
33. It’s exciting for me to learn that I can come to visit my friend in Phu Yen next month.
=> I am
34. Those children need to be taught about how Vietnam has transformed itself.
=> It is
35. She was so rude to shout at his face in the department store.
=> It was
36. My father was pleased when he learned that I had passed the entrance exam to high school.
=> My father
XI. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word in capital.
37. He was so brave that he could tell her what he thought about her. (IT)
38. Your bad news upsets me very much. (SORRY)
39. When will you book the flight for your trip to Vietnam? (BE)
40. I’m interested in the news about ancient towns. (FIND)
Đáp án đề thi thử vào 10 môn Anh mã số 1 trường THPT chuyên Lam Sơn
33. I am excited to learn that I can come to visit my friend in Phu Yen next month.
34. It is necessary to teach those children about how Vietnam has transformed itself.
35. It was rude of her to shout at his face in the department store.
36. My father was pleased to learn that I had passed the entrance exam to high school.
37. It was brave of him to tell her what he thought about her.
38. I am sorry to hear your bad news.
39. When will the flight for your trip to Vietnam be booked?
40. I find the news about ancient towns interesting.
Từ bài viết đề thi thử vào 10 môn Tiếng Anh mã đề 01 của trường THPT chuyên Lam Sơn kèm đáp án trên ta thấy rõ cấu trúc đều không có nhiều thay đổi so với cấu trúc đề tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 các năm. Để lấy thêm các đề và bài tập liên qua hãy truy cập vào trang chủ của trường ngay nhé. Chúc các bạn thi tốt!