Tải miễn phí đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh tuyển sinh trung học phổ thông của sở giáo dục tỉnh Tiền Giang. Tài liệu đề Anh thi thử mã đề 108 tỉnh Tiền Giang năm 2017 có 4 trang tương ứng với 32 câu trắc nghiệm và một bài tự luận.
Đề thi thử Tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 THPT của tỉnh Tiền Giang năm 2017
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO TIỀN GIANG
Bạn đang xem bài: Đề thi thử môn anh vào lớp 10 sở giáo dục và đào tạo tỉnh Tiền Giang
(Đề thi có 4 trang)
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10
Thời gian: 60 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Mã đề: 108
I. PHẦN TRẮC NGHIỆM KHÁCH QUAN: (8.0 points)
Question 1- 2: Pick out the word that is of the different topic (or part of speech) from the others: (0.5 points)
1. A. cake B. doll C. fruit rice D. rice
2. A. costly B. badly C. quickly D. widely
Question 3- 14: Pick out ONE best option to complete each of the following sentences: (3.0 points)
3. A valuable painting………………from the museum last night.
A. steals B. stole C.was stolen D. had been stolen
4. According………….David, people use the Internet for many purposes.
A. for B. on C. to D. with
5. If he…………………his IT skills, he……………..a good job so easily.
A. improves – would get B. improved – would get
C. has improved- would get D. improved – will get
6. Staff at the museum………………by police tomorrow.
A. have questioned B. are questioning C. shall question D. will be questioned
7. You like mushrooms,……………..?
A. do you B. don’t you C. do they D. don’t they
8. She suggested that I……………….some days off.
A. will take B. may take C.am taking D. should take
9. He wishes he…………….in one day.
A. can stay B. will stay C. was staying D. would stay
10. I am disappointed………………..
A. People spoiling this area B. about people have spoiled this area
C. That people have spoiled this area D. people to spoil this area
11. ” Thanks for your help.” – “……………………..!”
A. Yes, thanks B. Yes, sir C. No problem D. You’re welcome
12. It’s the house……………..door is painted red.
A. who B. which C. whose D. that
13. You’re not going to go out ………………….you’re finished this.
A. and B. or C. until D. while
14. Now viewers can watch international programs on different TV………….
A. canals B. channels C. lines D. routes
Question 15-16: Pick out the word that has the underlined syllable pronounced differently from the others: (0.5 points)
15. A. liked B. lived C. missed D. pumped
16. A. girls B. songs C. texts D. ways
Question 17-18: Pick out the word that has the main stressed syllable pronounced differently from the others: (0.5 points)
17. A. busy B. modern C. correct D. recent
18. A. celebration B. decision C. environment D. society
Question 19- 26: Pick out ONE best option (A, B, C or D) to fill in each numbered blank, completing the meaning of the passage: (2.0 points)
The fully detailed modern image of Santa Claus (19)…………….a part in Christmas celebrations around the world. People are reminded of Santa Claus through advertising, greeting cards, decorations, and the annual (20)………………of Santas in department stores and shopping malls (in some) (21)………………….along with Mrs. Clause and Santa’s elves). The character of Santa Claus occurs in films – for example, Miracle on 34th Street (1947) – and in songs (22)………… “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town,” (1932) and “Here Comes Santa Claus,” (1947). Children write letters to Santa Claus and set out milk and cookies on Christmas Eve as snack for Santa.
(23)…………………most adults think of Santa as the symbol for a spirit of giving, some argue that the modern image of Santa Claus differs from the true meaning of Christmas and (24)…………………..greediness and commercialism. To make the legend of Santa Claus suitable with the religious meaning of Christmas , some Christians stress that the (25)…………….. character comes from (26)……………..about a saint who symbolized love, caring, and generosity.
19. A. puts B. plays C. sets D. takes
20. A. absence B. arrival C. going D. travelling
21. A. cases B. affairs C. events D. matches
22. A. as if B. like in C. such as D. so as
23. A. Because B. Although C. Despite D. However
24. A. asks B. calls C. wishes D. promotes
25. A. ancient B. modern C. bad D. traditional
26. A. jokes B. moments C. legends D. times
Question 27-32: Read the passage below then pick out ONE BEST option (A,B,C, D) to complete each of the following sentences (1.5 points)
In a natural disaster- a hurricane, flood, tornado, volcanic, eruption, or other calamity- minutes and even seconds of warning can be the difference between life and death. Because of this, scientists and government officials are working to use the latest technological advances to predict when and where disasters will happen. They are also studying how best to analyze and communicate this information. The goal is to put technology to effective use in saving lives and property when nature releases its power with devastating results.
In 1998, Hurricane Georges made landfall in Biloxi, Mississipi , after devastating Haiti, Puerto Rico, and several islands of the Caribbean with torrential rains and winds up to 160km/h. Few people lost their lives along the Gulf Coast of the United States, although hundreds died in the Caribbean.
This was a very different outcome from 1900, when a hurricane made an unexpected direct hit on Galveston, Texas, killing at least 6000 people. Effective hurricane warnings explain the different circumstances at either end of the 20th century – residents of Galveston had no advance warning that a storm was approaching, while resident of Biloxi had been warned days in advance of Georges’s approach, allowing for extensive safety precautions.
A day before Georges made landfall, forecasters were predicting that the hurricane could possibly strike New Orleans. Because much of New Orleans lies very low, the city is at risk for flooding, they must begin evacuations well before a storm strikes. But evacuation costs money, it was estimated that the city’s preparations for Georges cost more than $50 million. After Georges missed New Orleans, some residents questioned the value of the hurricane forecasts in the face of such high costs.
27. From the passage, it can be inferred that………………………………
A. nowadays disaster prediction is the best.
B. lateness in warning may mean many die.
C. how to analyze and communicate this information is easy.
D. nature has the power to save lives and property.
28. What is NOT TRUE of Hurricane Georges?
A. It devastated Haiti, Puerto Rico, and several islands before making landfall in Biloxi.
B. Its rain came in torrents.
C. Hundred died along the Gulf Coast of the United Statues.
D. Its winds were very strong.
29. What is TRUE of the Hurricane of the year 1900?
A. It was exactly the same as Hurricane Georges.
B. Many people lost their lives because of it.
C. It hit Galveston indirectly.
D. The residents had been warned of its approach.
30. In “This was a very different outcome from 1900”. This refers to……………..
A. Hundreds died in the Caribbean.
B. Few people lost their lives.
C. The hurricane was unexpected.
D. The hurricane was powerful.
31. According to the last paragraph, the evacuations of residents of New Orleans………………..
A. resulted from the fact that the city lies at a safe place.
B. began from the forecasts about the coming hurricane.
C. cost nothing.
D. had great value after Georges missed New Orleans.
32. What is the best title for the passage?
A. Hurricane forecasts- Always right?
B. Devastating hurricanes!
C. The fight against disasters.
D. Mother Nature’s anger.
II. PHẦN TỰ LUẬN: (2.0 points)
Writing: Suppose you do not believe UFOs exist. Writing an exposition about your disbelief using the cues given.
– I/ not believe/ there exist UFOs even though many newspapers talked a lot them.
– Flying saucers might/ aircraft, balloons, clouds, or tricks of lights.
– There be/ not enough photos/ show clearly the shapes/ the UFOs.
– If/ there be UFOs, there must/ be traces their landing.
– UFOs/ just imagination of some writers.